Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears...oh my!



Yesterday we went to this little carnival thing that is in town for a few weeks. We had asked to go to it, and they agreed but as the day approached they said we were going to the zoo.  We were really confused until we got there and realized that the rides were for little kids and we were really going to this zoo thing here at the carnival. 

Entrance to the "zoo"




When we walked in there were all these cages in trailers (usually 3 per trailer) and a camel and two ponies in the center. They had an amazing assortment of animals. I'll not give any more commentary than that it was so sad to see them in the cages.



Costia came with us so he and Matt goofed around and had fun.

 

Igor had never seen lions in person before so we took lots of pictures!





The little camel was awesome...so cute and fuzzy and sweet. It's been unseasonably warm the past two days and I think he was the only animal that looked comfortable here. There was a guy who worked there that would go around and poke the animals with a stick so they would wake up and "pose" for pictures. I think that these animals would have killed him in two seconds flat if they had the chance. 



We had lunch with our translator Igor at a nice outdoor restaurant. Matt had plov (rice with meat and some veggies) which is such a great meal. Clint and I had the lagman which is the noodles with veggies. 



Afterwards we went to use the restroom and the women's side had half walls and no fronts to the stalls. Everyone in there was on their cell phone.  Interesting! 


Exciting news is that the real circus is in town! Elephants and everything (which is a big deal as our translator has not seen them before either!). We will be going sometime next week and we're cautiously optimistic. 



On the Nathan Mo front, we've had a little trike the past few days. He had never really ridden it before so he didn't know what to do but he's getting a little better. He really loves it...when someone helps him move! :)






4 comments:

  1. Hey! I miss yall soooo much! It looks like you're having a ton of fun over there. This has been the first time I've looked at the blog since I got to college, and I've spent quite a bit of time going through all the posts and pictures. Nathan (I love that name!) looks so much like he's part of the family. I'm overjoyed about the easy transition. I'm sure it will be more difficult when he comes to America, but it's great to know that he already accepts you as his family. That's such a beautiful, God-inspired bond. I seriously can't wait to meet the little man. Continue posting! I love reading all of this! Love yall!

    --Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! So glad you all are doing well and experiencing the culture. We also got the chance to go to the circus in June when it was in Karaganda, Kazakhstan. We videoed the entire thing and were so glad we did. It is a neat keep sake! Hope you have much fun!
    My husband left two days ago to return to Kaz to pick up our little munchkin!
    We will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey yall,

    Guess what! I logged onto the blog today and didn't have to reset my password. Praise the Lord. I have had to do that every time that I have come to look and read yalls blog. Thank you Lord for the little things such as goggle login success stories lol.

    FYI Clint your JEEP is back safe and sound. Also so that yall know I received "the mail" today.

    I was wondering is there anything that yall would love to have when you got back other then N. Mo and the moment? (seriously, let me know if there is) Little Mo's room is officially done. Well other then a few minor details. Such a major relief. :D Can't wait til yall get to lay eyes on it.

    Words of encouragement. Don't get down about your blogging and few responses, that doesn't necessarily mean you do not have followers or people that aren't reading. Trust me, you do. We have not forgotten you and i especially know i haven't. Thats a fact.

    Well dont me to jab my mouth. But I love each one of yall. Clint, Lauren, Matt, and Nathan Mo' and if I don't post anything before your court date, I pray that all goes well, and that God works His plans accordingly to his will- He hasn't failed you yet and I absolutely sure He knows what He is doing. Just keep that in mind as you continue praying.

    Love, Aunty House Keeper
    Kristina lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys! I just got caught up on your trip! I am so happy things are going well. Little M is just adorable... has those Kazakh eyebrow, i see! hahaha! Both my boys have them too! I can already see a difference in him from the beginning until now!!! What an amazing amazing thing adoption is! I am just happy for you guys! Looking forward to a favorable court soon!
    Christel

    ReplyDelete