Thursday, July 29, 2010

Visa Catastrophe

I strongly, strongly, strongly dislike fedex. Despite the fact that we tracked the package with our visa applications to the Consulate, and despite the fact that they said it had been received the next morning at 10:24am (on July 23), they did NOT in fact deliver it. We did not check with fedex in person before today because it had obviously gone through just fine. NOT!! Today we spoke with a real person and it had been misdelivered - a week ago - and was now sitting in a warehouse in NYC waiting until AUG 3 to be sent back to us as 'return to sender'. They, of course, could not explain how this could happen or why on earth they would not notify us. It has now been delivered to the Consulate but there isn't enough time to process our visas because they have a problem giving one to Matt since he has a different last name than I do...which would have been fine had it been delivered on time last week!!!! 

As it stands now we don't think we can get our visas until Saturday or Monday at the earliest - but here's the next catch - there aren't any other flights until Wednesday. It's getting really hard to think straight. :(

6 comments:

  1. Fedex is usually so good! I am sorry that happened. Crossing my fingers for somehow an earlier flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My...prayers that you get good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for yall! God is much bigger than this problem; it will certainly work out for the best.
    "He is before all things and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17
    Love yall dearly. Hope to hear good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely don't have the same confidence in fedex that I once did!

    Thanks Meg - great verse!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are praying that everything works out the way it should, there is always a really good reason for the delay even if we do not know what it is at the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. My heart sank at reading your news. I have never heard of this happening, and to happen NOW of all times is just incredible. I'm glad that you thought to call yesterday rather than waiting for today.

    ReplyDelete