Friday, January 8, 2010

Reminiscing about our wedding...


One year ago this week I married the man of my dreams - he was everything I had on my list (literally), and a whole lot more! God had us wait a long time but we did things completely His way and it has been worth it -- His hand has been felt so strongly on our marriage. I have truly loved every minute of being married to Clint and am so eagerly looking forward to our future together. Who would have thought that before we'd even been married a year we'd be well into an international adoption?!



This week we have been thinking back to the wedding itself and really loving how it happened...  we didn't want a big affair (since most everything we do already leans towards being public), but we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them out...and we really wanted our students to be there too. So, right after Clint finished preaching at Uprising (the Wednesday night youth service) we surprised everyone by going straight into our wedding ceremony.  It turned out to be exactly what we wanted -- all about God, just right for us. In the end our only regret was that my family couldn't be there... but other than that it was truly perfect!

I remember the doors opening and walking in with Matt (after hiding in the closet...haha) and seeing my soon-to-be husband at the altar, and all of our awesome students filling the pews on either side of the aisle...really cool. I definitely felt like a movie star because they all had their cell phones our and were taking pictures! :) By the way, those of you who still have photos and videos on your phones, please send them our way!!

Matt, who made my gorgeous bouquet all by himself, was so excited about everything and was with us the whole time. What a huge blessing!





One of the best things about the way we did it was that it didn't dominate our time, attention and thoughts. We were able to keep our focus on God and on our marriage...not the wedding itself.

Signing off, but I'll leave you with a few more photos of our big day...










No comments:

Post a Comment