Monday, January 4, 2010

Being "Pregnant"

When I was pregnant with Matt I remember feeling different almost immediately...I just knew I was having a baby. Before too long my belly started growing - there was undeniably something going on. That reassuring bump that you look at or just rub your hands on is always with you and provides constant confirmation, to you and the rest of the world, that there is indeed a child on the way. With this "pregnancy" I don't have that luxury, but the child at the end of the journey is just as real, just as wanted and just as loved. This is a hard place to be sometimes because it's easy to doubt that it will ever happen...adoption is not a 9-month-and-done kind of thing.

I have gotten to the point where I just have to start preparing in some visible way...just to keep from feeling like the whole thing is a dream. So whether it's crazy or not we have started to get our house ready for our growing family!

I have always wanted an old wooden highchair but couldn't find one. Well, my awesome husband (with the help of my fabulous mother-in-law Marie) found me one for Christmas! Matt seems to like it...wonder if we'll have any jealousy issues.... :)  Over the next few weeks I'll post some more pics of stuff we are doing to get ready, so stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment