Saturday, May 7, 2011

Benefit of the Doubt

Show of hands - who likes getting the benefit of the doubt?  Uh, right here!!! It's up there with having your grade rounded up on a major test.

This is something that I want so desperately from friends and family and yet it is so hard to get. These people know me, most of them know me really well, and when circumstances seem crazy I just crave their understanding. When messages don't get returned right away, when things get done differently than anticipated, or when they hear something from someone else... I hope and pray that they will step back and take themselves out of the equation for a minute to think that things just don't add up. "We know her better than that -- something must be going on. We'll just give her the benefit of the doubt... " Such sweet words.

This morning in my quiet time I read a brilliant devotional entry from Oswald Chambers - it talked about having the faith to persevere and said...

"even though you cannot see Him right now and cannot understand what He is doing, you know Him." Wow!

If I think people should fall back on my character when in doubt, how much more should we be able to depend on God's UNFAILING character when things don't make sense in our lives??

So even though we don't have jobs, or money, even though we are still trying to make a new life for ourselves in a new state, even though God is placing other special needs babies heavily on our hearts...we know Him! I choose to give Him the benefit of the doubt (and stop whining about getting it myself) and know that His plan is for our good...bottom line. Feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment