Monday, May 3, 2010

Who knew the kid had connections

Conversation went something like this...

me: "What do you mean our FBI prints are going to delay our adoption by up to 3 months?! They've done our finger prints like 19 times already!!" (said kind of loudly with LOTS of enthusiasm) "We have to know somebody there so they can speed this up."

"What about...?

Nano: "Nope - retired."

me: "Well what about.....?

Nano: "Nope - switched agencies."

(This went on for like 10 minutes....)

me: "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"

And then a small, calm (and yet strangely grown-up and authoritative sounding) voice coming from the other room.....

Matt: "I know somebody at the FBI."

My hero! To make a long story short, we now have our FBI prints after only 3 weeks and we owe it all to our twelve-year-old. Thanks for the hook up Matt! Extra dessert for you...for like the next year.   

5 comments:

  1. just checking in... wow.. 3 weeks? that's incredible... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Wow, only 3 weeks??? We are in a bit of a bind. My prints were approved and my wife's weren't. We are suppose to travel to Kazakhstan in July. Any chance you could share your "inside" track? Thank you.
    Jim & Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connections come in all kinds of ways. Who will ever know what knowing a person and remembering them will do? I mean I apparently knew someone in Manhattan, KS before I even moved. Needless to say, Middle School - in Germany....
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete