Monday, April 19, 2010

waiting...waiting...waiting...

Well, we thought we'd be able to rush forward with the dossier but we were wrong. Seems we are now waiting for the FBI to do our fingerprints...again! Since their clearances are taking about 13 weeks we need to wait for that to come in first, and then get all of our other stuff done so the documents have as much time as possible before expiration - a big deal when you have to send a dossier to Kazakhstan. On the other blogs and groups that I have read the only recommendation is to have someone you know with the FBI call to push your prints through quickly, so we are working through all of our friends and acquaintances to do just that. (Please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions!!)

I know that it's all in God's hands and He has the perfect timing already worked out. I know that I have to be patient and hand over all of my own fears and desires. But still...it is so frustrating at times because each day that we are delayed is another day that our precious little one is left in the baby house. This child is so real to us! But instead of becoming bitter and angry, through it all God has continued to grow my reliance on Him...and my faith in Him - and for that I am so grateful.

4 comments:

  1. praying for you.. thinking of you..
    we also have fingerprints at the FBI... I think this is the 6th time.. (honestly, I've lost track... it might just be the 5th.. :)
    Hang in there... praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what it is with these fingerprints - we are praying for yours too! (on another note - i can't access your blog properly - can you send me another invite? i seem to have so much trouble with private blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prints seem to be coming back closer to 8-10 weeks. Just write ADOPTION in big letters to speed things up a bit. Good luck - this part seems to be getting longer for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least 8-10 is better than 13! :) Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete