Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Timeline...so far

I guess I'll post this permanently down the side one day but for now, here is what our timeline has been like...


2009
Aug - heard a "now" from God about adoption! - started researching agencies and countries
Sept 1 - researching countries - heard teleconference on Bulgaria (with LMI)
Sept 1 - decided to go with LMI
Sept 4 - selected Kazakhstan
Sept 12 - sent initial application in to adoption agency
Sept 15 - listened to Kazakhstan teleconference
Sept 21 - received notice of our acceptance to LMI and the Kaz program
Oct 4 - sent our signed contract to LMI
Oct 8 - first meeting with our social worker for the home study
Oct 9 - received the LMI "binder" - the big info pack on adoption and Kaz
Oct 12 - fed-ex'd the I-600A to USCIS 
Oct 22 - 2nd visit with social worker for home study
Nov 8 - spoke at church about our adoption calling for Orphan Sunday
Nov 10 - dreaded home visit from social worker - house very clean!! :)
Nov 12  - to Jacksonville for USCIS fingerprints


2010
Jan 13 - found out I was pregnant
     (adoption process temporarily paused because baby and adoption were going to happen at the same time - Sept)
Feb 7 - lost the baby
Feb 23 - received the final home study report - FINALLY!!!
     (still paused for several factors...)
April 6 - got the go ahead for dossier work and received all of the paperwork (our agency helps with the prep!)
April 7 - fingerprinted for FBI (again)
April 7 - fed-ex'd home study to USCIS and prints to FBI
April 12 - dossier teleconference in which paperwork was explained
April 13 - dossier prep paused to wait for FBI certification (again)


To most of you this is probably super boring, and a few months ago I totally would have agreed with you - but now I am obsessed with other people's timelines. I know that what happened to other families isn't exactly how ours will be (or even close?!) but I still can't help myself. Guess it's human nature to want to know 'how long'...and when there is no answer to that question, particularly when you are talking about something as huge as a child, you go a little nuts. :) I know God knows every little detail down to the nano-second, and as He reveals His timing to us I will keep updating the list.


Hopefully this timeline will be helpful to other families, and if I've lost you, well...maybe someday when you're adopting you might feel differently! :)

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way - you constantly want to compare your timeline to everyone else's. It helps a little - and I think it just helps overall to read what others are going through and to get so much on-line support. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.. for some reason it just helps to read other family timelines....

    Without the online support I would go batty!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete