Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Thoughts

Christmas was interesting this year. While I was sitting with family I realized a feeling of incompleteness washing over me. I tried to put my finger on what was missing and was not able to answer the question until this morning. Like most waiting parents I miss my child, you know the child that has not come to their forever home. I am very blessed with my son and thank God for him yet I still feel like a piece of me is missing. God has already started attaching my heart to our unknown child and my heart breaks with the thought that they probably had a less than special Christmas. Their Christmas was not full of gifts, food and family. We are praying for our next child and that God watches over and keeps them safe.

We are praying the Dr.’s find the missing medical records and the rest of the paperwork gets completed soon. Bureaucracy drives me insane. Don’t they know my child; our child is in an orphanage ready to come to their forever home.

I really believe in God’s timing and plan, yet I am impatient. I am praying daily that God gives me an extra portion of grace to make it through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment